- When was Dolby founded?
- Ray Dolby founded Dolby Laboratories in 1965 to develop noise reduction technologies.
- When did Dolby go public? At what price?
- Dolby Laboratories went public on February 17, 2005. Dolby's IPO priced at $18 per share.
- Who were the managing underwriters for the Dolby IPO?
- Morgan Stanley, Goldman, Sachs & Co., JP Morgan, Adams Harkness and William Blair & Company were the underwriters.
- What is Dolby's stock ticker symbol?
- Dolby's symbol on the New York Stock Exchange is "DLB".
- How many shares of Dolby are outstanding?
- There were an average of 104,587,000 fully diluted shares outstanding for the quarter ended March 29, 2019.
- When do the fiscal quarters end?
- Our fiscal quarter end dates are as follows:
- Quarter One: December 28, 2018
- Quarter Two: March 29, 2019
- Quarter Three: June 28, 2019
- Quarter Four: September 27, 2019
- When is the next financial reporting date?
- Dolby's next financial release date may be viewed on the Event Calendar page.
- What year was Dolby incorporated and in what state?
- Dolby was incorporated as a New York corporation in 1967, reincorporated in California in 1976 and reincorporated in Delaware in September 2004.
- How many employees does Dolby have?
- As of September 28, 2018, Dolby had 2,151 employees worldwide.
- Does the company pay a dividend on its common stock?
- Dolby's Board of Directors has approved a quarterly dividend program for its stockholders.
- Does Dolby offer a (DRIP) direct investment program?
- Dolby currently does not offer a direct stock purchase or dividend reinvestment program.
- Can I purchase shares of Dolby stock directly?
- No. Dolby does not offer a direct stock purchase plan at this time.
- Has Dolby had a stock split?
- A five for one split occurred in January 2005, prior to the Initial Public Offering
- Who are Dolby's independent accountants?
- Dolby's independent accountants are KPMG.
- How do I transfer my stock or change my address with the transfer agent?
- All stock certificate-related questions regarding ownership of Dolby stock, such as lost certificates and/or change of address should be addressed to Dolby's transfer agent, ComputershareTrust Company, N.A.
Computershare Trust Company, N.A.
P.O. Box 43010
Providence, RI 02940-3010
- What is Dolby's CUSIP number?
- Dolby's common stock CUSIP is 25659T 10 7.
- Where are Dolby's headquarters?
- Dolby's principal executive offices are located at 1275 Market, San Francisco, California 94103, and our telephone number is (415) 558-0200. Our web site address is www.dolby.com.